Question:
My abusive father passed away 2 mo ago and I'm depressed even though we were estranged all my life. why?
2006-02-12 13:14:13 UTC
My abusive father passed away 2 mo ago and I'm depressed even though we were estranged all my life. why?
Seven answers:
Sam3931
2006-02-12 13:49:10 UTC
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. I am also estranged from an abusive father, and I dont know how I would feel if he died. I think about this all the time. Perhaps the issue is that you never got a chance to resolve your situation with him. Perhaps you're still waiting to hear him say 'I'm sorry'. Or, more likely, you're not necessarily mourning for him, but for the father you never had and truly deserved. I mourn for this all the time.
msmithey.revol
2006-02-12 21:27:49 UTC
Whenever someone passes away that you have know for so long, even if it was on bad terms it still made that person apart of your life. so now that he is gone, you are missing something from your life. Keep your head up and always think positive. I am wondering what I will go through when my father passes. We dont talk and he was abusive as well.
julesrules714
2006-02-12 21:19:26 UTC
because even tho u were estranged all ur life theres still a bond between father and son
landoflookbehind
2006-02-12 21:18:38 UTC
It means your heart is in the right place,sorry about his passing.
bashlybaywood
2006-02-12 21:19:51 UTC
because even though he was abusive you still love him cuz insde he is the one who helped bring you into the world.
john doe
2006-02-12 21:17:29 UTC
because theres a mental bond that animals form twards family
Gangsta Penguin
2006-02-12 21:17:39 UTC
because he was your father, without him you wouldnt exist