Question:
What can one do when you feel too depressed to leave the house?
CaliforniaT
2006-01-31 12:27:37 UTC
I'm looking for ideas to help me when I'm feeling too low to get out of the house and do my work. I'm self-employed and I still make calls related to business but I stay away from friends and family. I just want to be able to break away from this shell that encompasses me. It seems to happen when I'm making positive decisions or taking positive actions. I'm looking for both "Christian" answers as well as other "positive" ideas for getting my act together when this happens.
Six answers:
obiewannabie
2006-02-01 18:14:24 UTC
Try rewarding yourself with something you want for going out in the world to do something you need to do. I love cheesburgers so I use that to get me out of the house. Ill go run the errand or pick up what i need and then go by my favorite burger joint for my reward. It may sound silly to many people, but to those who have dealt with agorophobia it will not. Step by step you can get back out there .
mikewesten
2006-01-31 22:30:23 UTC
Are you connected to someone or something that might be holding you back in life? Perhaps someone who is actively suppressing you, or influencing you in a negative way?

There is a test one can do on the people in one's environment to see who are really one's friends, and who is perhaps not so trustworthy. Visit http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/sh11.htm for more info.

"Suppression and oppression are the basic causes of depression. If you relieve those a person can lift his head, become well, become happy with life." L. Ron Hubbard.

See also http://testing.dianetics.org/en_US/index.html

Hope this helps!
2006-01-31 20:44:41 UTC
I have the same problem. I hate leaving the house. So instead I try to do something creative and productive with my time. Or I sit at my computer all day and help answer questions for people on this site.
2006-01-31 20:53:44 UTC
here is my christian and psychological answer..

theres no other way to put this.. and i apologize for oversimplifing the matter....

make yourself get out of the house.. drive around.. listen to the radio.. whatever...

you have to force yourself.. and its not easy ,, I know..
The Bearded One
2006-01-31 20:35:13 UTC
Serve others. That simple.
2006-01-31 21:36:43 UTC