Question:
is there any subsitute for Zyprexa Zidis? It is very drowsy.?
kathy
2006-03-30 18:47:54 UTC
is there any subsitute for Zyprexa Zidis? It is very drowsy.?
Five answers:
psychgrad
2006-03-30 18:56:37 UTC
There are a ton of other atypical antipsychotics. Unfortunately, most of them have side effects, like drowsiness or weight gain. Check with your doctor, but don't stop your meds. If you just started this medication, the drowsiness sometimes gets better as your body adjusts to the Zyprexa.
caspersweetpea
2006-03-30 19:10:52 UTC
It is spelled Zyprexa Zydis. I don't think there is a substitute for this kind of medecine and should not substitite medical physician about condition.

http://www.drugs.com/zyprexa.html

http://canadadrugs.rxcarecanada.com/ZYPREXA%20ZYDIS.asp?prodid=ZYPREXA+ZYDIS

http://wiresearch.com/search3.php?q=zyprexa

http://mediresource.sympatico.ca/drug_detail.asp?brand_name_id=1984

good luck
Clockrunsbackwards
2006-03-30 18:52:57 UTC
Personally, I like Zyprexa. It's given me a better quality of life. ...but... if it's not working for you... talk to your doctor about it.
2006-04-02 18:37:57 UTC
i too had problems with sleepiness w hile on zyprexa. i've been on risperdal for nearly a year and it seems to be working very well with no side effects. also, try seroquel. it didn't work for me but might for you. take care.
masterchosen
2006-03-30 18:57:05 UTC
my doc just switched me from zyprexa to abilify. havent had any problems with it yet. but it does make me a little sleepy