i works my daughter takes it.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Lexapro and call your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:
· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
· an irregular heartbeat or pulse;
· low blood pressure (dizziness, weakness);
· high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision); or
· chills or fever.
• If you experience any of the following less serious side effects, continue taking Lexapro and talk to your doctor:
· headache, tremor, nervousness, or anxiety;
· nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, or changes in appetite or weight;
· sleepiness or insomnia; or
· decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
do not know about the weight gain