Question:
Does anyone know much about Lexapro, does it work, is there weight gain and or other side effects?
justineseath1
2006-03-02 05:36:09 UTC
I have just started it and I am very nervous about the weight gain and other side effects? Any help would be helpful!!!
Three answers:
WIDOWMAKER54
2006-03-02 06:04:05 UTC
i works my daughter takes it.

If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Lexapro and call your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:

· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);

· an irregular heartbeat or pulse;

· low blood pressure (dizziness, weakness);

· high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision); or

· chills or fever.

• If you experience any of the following less serious side effects, continue taking Lexapro and talk to your doctor:

· headache, tremor, nervousness, or anxiety;

· nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, or changes in appetite or weight;

· sleepiness or insomnia; or

· decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.

do not know about the weight gain
luvouhellen
2006-03-03 13:06:58 UTC
I am on Lexapro and yes it does work! Some side affects are dry mouth,makes you sleepy. Go to the pharmacy in your local drug store and ask them to print out a paper with the side effects on it,they should or they will tell them to you!
2006-03-02 08:24:12 UTC
you should ask your doctor they will tell you

if weight gain is involved they would know better then

anyone else