Question:
How do you reinvent yourself?
newyorkrose9
2006-10-12 13:57:26 UTC
How do you reinvent yourself?
I am sick of the old me.

I know and acknowledge and am WILLING to change myself. I just don't know how.

I am NOT happy with the people I am friends with, because I just "settle" for what's comfortable, and end up being bored and sometimes secretly feel like a mismatched puzzle piece.
I have become increasingly insecure and unsure these past few years - and it needs to end NOW. The real me is buried somewhere, and it's too scared to come out completely - I just need a little push because it's almost there....

How can I reinvent myself? If you've 'reinvented' yourself - how did you do it? Thanks so much.
Seventeen answers:
Henry_Tee
2006-10-12 13:58:54 UTC
get a crazy friend, a total opposite of you, to help you out

ht
punchie
2006-10-12 14:12:12 UTC
Slow down, slow down. Now, there's really no need to "reinvent" yourself...you are just fine the way you are...however, you have not found your own self-worth that say's "I deserve and want a better life for myself". Continue to think about the people/things/situations you don't want in your life, then set about in your mind and then follow through by putting thought into motion. You want to change then be the change....you want nothing...then do nothing. You have the power within yourself to lead a more fulfilling life. No one will hand this to you. Take chances, take classes, get out and meet new people, learn more about yourself. Go out and get the life you want.
Laughing Libra
2006-10-12 14:03:17 UTC
I am in the process of reinvention right now because the old me wasn't working. It takes a lot of self-discovery, behavior and thought modification and time alone. You have to be willing to face the challenges that come up. Especially since you may be floundering since you will be in unfamiliar territory.

My best advice to try not to control situations or people. In the end you may even say that you like the old you.
Timothy W
2006-10-12 14:09:04 UTC
Contrary to one of the other answers, I don't think this is a stupid or silly question at all. It's just not very easy to answer in a Yahoo! Answer forum.

"Reinventing" yourself - despite all the press and media attention (i.e., Madonna "reinventing" herself - which is really just another variation on the theme of her public persona, which has NOTHING to do with her real private inner life) - shouldn't be construed as a complete abandonment of everything that has defined you up to this point in your life.

Over your life, you've developed a set of ethics and values, a feel for what is important to you and what is not, what really gets your motor running and what you could live without. Also, you know if you are a person of faith, an atheist, etc...and you can't snap your fingers and suddenly decide to not believe in God...or believe in God...just because there are lots of things about your current life you dislike.

I'd start by assessing what you're unhappy about - and separate them into two categories - 1) things about yourself, especially how you respond to things around you (circumstances, events, other people, etc.) and, 2) the things around you themselves.

See, first thing to realize is you aren't responsble for other people, and a large percentage of the circumstances of everyday life. But the second thing to realize and own is that you ARE responsble for your response to those things, and everything else in your direct control.

Feel you're settling for what's comfortable? YOU have to volitionally commit to setting a standard and continuing to pursue it in the face of mediocrity. Not happy with the people you're with? WHY? Because of they way they act? (which you can't control) Or because of the way you respond to them? (which you CAN and SHOULD control).

Do you need to be more aggressive, assertive and driven? Do you need to be more passionately committed to your life?

See, only YOU can answer those questions - and no one on Yahoo! Answers can do that for you.

Bottom line? The answer to your question lies in your own decision to ask all of us strangers about it.

You reinvent yourself by taking control and accountability for your own life, no excuses, and stop relying on others to point the way for you.

Hope this helps. Best to you.
?
2016-10-02 09:53:59 UTC
i've got by no ability been one to sense the might desire to "show" myself with how i glance different than I used to positioned on band t-shirts each and every of the time and wayyy too plenty eyeliner lol. i've got heavily toned that down and that i purely positioned on my previous t-shirts to mattress. i attempted loss of existence my hair a gaggle of cases, even with the undeniable fact that it constantly have been given tousled and purely made me leave out my organic coloration besides so that's been like 7 years on the grounds that i've got carried out that. i prefer to easily savour what I truthfully have on an identical time as i'm nonetheless youthful. My approach has replaced even with the incontrovertible fact that plenty on the grounds that i became youthful. i've got self belief like in the previous I purely became going with the pass, letting existence take place to me rather of being on top of issues. I additionally dropped each and every of the human beings who do no longer admire the actuality that i'm no longer comparable to i became whilst i became sixteen. I now no longer drink 40's on the prepare tracks or get stoned 24/7. i do no longer do notwithstanding drug is put in front of my face cuz it appears that evidently relaxing...i'm an person now. The time for experimenting with drugs is over and that i'm fortunate that i've got not got a genetic disposition to be an addict or i'm advantageous i could be addicted to some thing like ninety 9% of my friends from decrease back interior the day. That stuff became relaxing, even with the undeniable fact that it could be exceptionally lame to be doing that now. i do no longer understand if that's unquestionably reinventing myself as much because it rather is purely organic progression. i does no longer commerce those years for something even with the incontrovertible fact that lol Libra sunlight scorpio moon/mercury/venus/pluto 1st abode capricorn mars
jbrowning001
2006-10-12 13:59:45 UTC
You should save up some money and move to the outher side of the country. This gets you away from everybody you know and gives you a very real chance of starting over, and don't settle this time.
2006-10-12 14:19:53 UTC
you start with a list of your likes and dislikes, do you like art? sports? then after you've written everything down on a sheet of paper that you like, then you write down on that same sheet your list of dislikes and then apply both lists to the people you are friends with. example....if you like hiking, would one of your friends go hiking with you? if not then you need to find like minded people to go hiking with. the hardest thing for me to do once i realized i really liked writing was to put myself out there & let people criticize what i had written, but by doing that ive formed friendships with like minded people, some who are obviously more talented than i and some not quite so talented. so i guess what im saying here is you need to find things that interest you & you'll find that you dont reinvent yourself so much as your interests reinvent you, but its on you to do this, no one can do it for you..........................wanna talk about it? e mail me @ terrinjohn89@adelphia.net good luck!!!
2006-10-12 14:00:35 UTC
think about what u dont like about urself,and what u do want urself to be.then take one each time and work on that until u have perfected that one step u want,then go on to the next.pretty soon,ull be the person uve always dreamed of being!good luck!
riverhills4 m
2006-10-12 13:59:55 UTC
Start by moving to a different city and make new friends
2006-10-12 14:00:22 UTC
Ask God...he invented you first....You are what you are...learn to live with that first...then make small changes....we call it growing.
kwing-kwang
2006-10-12 13:59:17 UTC
new image... i may curl my hair... study a different religion with the same purpose in life = ENJOY LIFE
?
2006-10-12 13:59:06 UTC
socialize with different types of people
raudidave
2006-10-12 13:59:19 UTC
i havent but i would say a totally new hair style and a new wardrobe
Iraqi guy
2006-10-12 14:09:19 UTC
sorry, I cant help u coz u dont have enough courage to do it. My advice is (JUST DO IT) and dont ask us.
2006-10-12 13:58:54 UTC
go with your GUT , girl it knows the answers
?
2006-10-12 13:59:20 UTC
Become QUARRLA!
2006-10-12 13:58:45 UTC
That's up to you not us.

Stupid question. But thanks for the two points.