Question:
is gay is desease ?
abas5600
2006-02-20 05:39:59 UTC
what real signs of gay ? (feels of real gay)?
28 answers:
2006-02-20 05:40:44 UTC
You are gay?
tzeweihing
2006-02-20 05:44:49 UTC
No I don't think so, it is only that some parts of the world now don't really accept it as a natural thing that happen. It is not a desease but I also don't think it is advisable. Gay can cause the persons involved to get desease easily being spread by the other which results in various sickness. However, if one is a gay, just don't look down upon them.
spitfire
2006-02-20 05:42:04 UTC
If by gay you mean homosexuality, then no, it is not a desease. Whether being gay is "normal" is debetable, but it's good to know there always has been and always will be homosexuality among both humans and animals. If it doesn't harm you, you better accept it.

A sign of being a homosexual is when you are only attracted to the person of your own sex.

If you mean gay as in cheerful - that's not really a desease either. Unless you mean very very cheerful like in mania, which is a mental problem.
2006-02-20 05:43:13 UTC
No, it is not, if it was then two things would happen:

(1) Doctors would be looking for a cure

(2) It could be transfered to others, i.e. others could catch the disease.

EDIT: It is not a genetic disorder, some have speculated about the much hyped "Gay" gene, BUT the facts are no one has ever found it, there simply is no evidence to suggest that homosexuality is a genetic disorder.

See the link Below (1)

EDIT 2: Many people still believe in the animal homosexual behaviour myth, please visit my second link

See the link Below (2)

I hope that helps

Anhar Hussain Miah
Made in America
2006-02-20 05:50:11 UTC
Being gay is NOT a lifestyle choice. It is a sexual orientation which is a big difference than having a choice. It is not a disease nor is it abnormal. Culture dictates the acceptability of being gay and, unfortunately, America is generally a homophobic country. Those who are secure in their own sexuality do not appear to have a problem with gays or lesbians. Individuals who are insecure in their personal sexuality, whether on a conscious or sub-conscious level, are the ones who talk the loudest against sexual orientation.
TheWiseOne
2006-02-20 05:45:35 UTC
Nah I have a feeling that homosexuality is either a genetic problem, a matter of choice, or a result of exposure to certain circumstances.

It's not a disease, just a matter of sexual preference. Still, although I have nothing against gay people themselves, I don't think it's natural.
dr3am_s3ller
2006-02-20 05:53:29 UTC
No this is a lifestyle. Homosexuality is not a physical dissease, but a social disease. This is a universal truth that when something is more than easily available, it looses its importance and interestingness...In the Western culture SEX is something like that. Due to free sex, people take SEX as casually as someone can take water to drink. They have lost interest and joy from the natural means of sex so they are trying to jump into something new, but in this search they have lost themselves in an unnatural approach for SEX, that resulted in such lifestyles, like lesbianism and gayism.
Darrius
2006-02-22 04:00:35 UTC
Being abused as a child cannot make someone gay, as someone has claimed. No correlation has ever been found between sexual identity and abuse,

and none has ever been found for any imbalance of the hypothalumus or any other gland for that matter.

I don't know where these "facts" are coming from.
2006-02-21 00:02:48 UTC
I think being gay or lesbian is not a disease. It is a non-committal and selfish choice of a lifestyle adopted by people attracted to each other of the same sex, so as to escape the hassle and problem of bringing up families.
queeniez71
2006-02-20 05:52:18 UTC
NO gay is not a disease. I believe people are born to be whatever they are.I have seen men that are ultra feminine and I dont see how they can "act"like that. Their every mannerism screams female. So I think you have to be born with that in you in order to have those mannerisms.You cannot catch gay either its not a cold.
2006-02-20 08:16:17 UTC
No gay is NOT a disease, it is not contageous, it is not something that is hereditary. It is something that you are born with,but it's not anyone's fault, and the only way to know for sure if you are gay is if you like a person of the same sex.
JackRabittJay
2006-02-21 03:53:04 UTC
Being gay is not a desease and can not be one. people in life make desisions and god has allowed you to do that. many people say that god didn't but i say if he gave you the ability to love then he wants you to love who ever you feel that love for.
kmcpmgoodson
2006-02-20 05:45:19 UTC
No it isn't a disease, I think that there are many things that can make someone gay, one of them being sexual abuse as a child. I do think that most people are born the way they are. I didn't choose to be straight, though I am glad that I am.
answers, answers
2006-02-20 05:41:58 UTC
no, homosexuality is NOT a disease. It's a mix of genetics, and also how you were raised. If you're gay don't worry. I'm bi, and I've got gay friends, and they're the best ever!
2006-02-20 05:44:52 UTC
If you are thinking about it, you are gay. There is nothing wrong with it. Just society will outcast you, but you learn to get used to it. Get advice from a gay association. Beware of sick sexual behaviour.
salamkool
2006-02-20 05:47:40 UTC
- Yes it is...!

- Its anti-naturural

- Its a sin for the society.

- Its ugly scenes for entire humanity

- This DESEASE can be solved by educating well.

- They should be educated that we are human beings and not just like animals.

- Morever did you heard the people who are having sex with animals.

- How do you call them...?

--------------
2006-02-20 05:41:56 UTC
NO IT IS NOT, despite what bible belting fools may think.

It is a lifestyle choice and people who are gay should be treated as you would wanted to be treated.

They are human beings and deserve to be treated as such
phi071237
2006-02-20 05:42:49 UTC
it is not a disease. it is a mere assumption of the person that is commanding him to be such. i know of somebody who acted gay but when encouraged by the church, he joined church activities as choir member, teacher etc. and he is now a real HE
digitalgimpling
2006-02-20 05:48:04 UTC
It's been linked to a pysiological abnormality of the hypothalamus.

And no, it's not a disease. Animals exhibit homosexual behavior all the time.
2006-02-20 05:43:07 UTC
I dont think so I think its just vice or genes just getting mix up or some demon possesing the person's being Read the book of Romans I think it tells us of this kind of situation
SOMER
2006-02-20 05:42:53 UTC
When you are attracted to the same sex instead of the opposite. It ain't a disease. You can't help who you fall in love with.
sherasi
2006-02-20 05:44:25 UTC
Being homosexual is NOT a disease. It is a genetic coding of your sexuality.

If you are attracted to members of your own sex and not at all interested in the opposite sex, you are possibly homosexual.
alindler83
2006-02-25 10:22:19 UTC
WELL, I'M A LESBIAN, & LET ME TELL YOU, NO, IT'S NOT A DISEASE, NOR IS IT HOW YOU ARE RAISED. GENETICS, HOWEVER DOES PLAY THE MAIN ROLE. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU'RE BORN THAT WAY.
buzz
2006-02-20 06:03:43 UTC
No. And nothing to be ashamed about !
?Mr:Question?