Question:
what special thing can i do to show our family that it was nice they were there when our 32 daughter died?
2006-01-27 10:30:45 UTC
our sons [4] have been great to us since their only sister died jan 20 she would have been 32 on jan22. she was sick only 1 mo.the pain is still hard on her dad and i also we have had her 10 year old daughter since 9 mo old.
Five answers:
octaviolet
2006-01-28 19:01:04 UTC
It may be hard right now, but you could put together a photo album or memory book, and have copies made and give one to each son. Or even just one special photo, something you may have but the boys do not.

You could also host a special dinner in which you all share your favorite stories, being together with family is sometimes a present, in itself.
osmun79
2006-01-27 20:19:47 UTC
Talk to each child about what it meant. If you have something of hers still left around, wrap it up and tell them " I believe your sister would be proud of you" or whatever comes to mind and allow them to have that memento as a way of keeping a piece of her behind. This is often done in Hospice care so i'm told, and is a beautiful reminder of someone. I have my grandfather's camera case from his reporter days and though I don't use it very often, it means alot to me because he taught me how to take pictures.
kayleecheyenne2001
2006-01-27 19:35:18 UTC
The best thing you can do is take each son seperately and tell them what it meant to you to have them there when you needed them most. They will cherish that memory of you for the rest of their lives. Let them know what they mean to you. As you know, life can be cut too short. I am truly sorry for your loss.
2006-01-29 22:43:30 UTC
When everyone's feeling up to it- have a big family get together. The good times and laughs will help everyone heal.
landoflookbehind
2006-01-27 20:50:38 UTC
Be there for them when they need u.