Question:
Adult ADD - How long have you had it & how well are you dealing with it?
The Oracle Of Portland Maine
2006-01-11 16:42:01 UTC
I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago. During that time I have taken 2 meds, Concerta & Wellbutrin. I went through many tests before I was diagnosed with it. A few years ago, I noticed that my "road rage" was increasing year by year. I knew that this wasn't me, and that I had to do something. After being diagnosed and learning what some of the other symptoms were. Suddenly, the missing answers to why I had such a hard time in school and other things in life finally came to me.
Two answers:
~*~QUEEN~*~
2006-01-11 16:50:21 UTC
Try being a teacher with ADHD... (Yes, Hyperactive.) I was diagnosed about 10 years ago. I am coping well. I still have days that I forget things, have problems paying attention, and overall spacey; but I learned what things could help me concentrate better. For instance, for me-> I keep a key or a small amount of change in my pocket at all times. When I am having problems concentrating, I tend to play with the object. I am not sure how, but it seems to help me focus better. I promise... it will get better!
dougs249
2006-01-12 01:41:37 UTC
ADD and ADHD are bull **** all you need is some self control