Question:
My big regrets...?
2006-02-12 01:04:40 UTC
Four years ago I had surgery to remove a tumor at the base of the brain. They got the tumor, but it destroyed the Pituitary gland. So I have to take a lot of hormones and medications to make up for what the pituitary did.

That should be okay, but I am becoming increasingly tired and apathetic. May of the non-work things I'd like to do just seem to take too much effort:
http://www.geocities.com/anteriorlobe/sitemap.htm

My regret is that we didn't check some of the symptoms before the surgery, like massive headaches, more carefully. We went to a good doctor and it seemed like they were from stress - I was in a stressful job. The chance of a tumor was very low...though, for me, not low enough.

And, I'm not sure this is a regret, but i feel like some of the creative things I'd like to do just will never be done because I am so weak all the time.

Going to more doctors won't help, I have been poked, prodded, and stabbed, and doing about as well as I am ever going to.
Seven answers:
sweet_1_here4u
2006-02-12 01:22:08 UTC
I'm sorry to hear all that you've gone through. It sounds like it has been very challenging for you, and based on the information you had at the time, you made a good decision.

The good news now is that you are not alone. There are many people who have experienced exactly what you are going through, and require to have to take synthetic hormones.

We even have a local radio show hosted by an MD that is dedicated specifically to hormonal health concerns like yours. I hear similar concerns from callers and the results they experience with different medications and natural remedies.

I suggest seeking out a holistic center in your area. Today there are many MDs that practice traditional Western medicine that treats symptoms, as well as holistic natural remedies that address the cause of problems.

Here is a number of a well known clinic in the Houston area. This doctor has been on Good Morning America, and speaks around the country on these issues.

You can call them freely to discuss your case, and they may be able to recommend someone locally for you.

Health & Wellness Center 281-698-8698.
Kris Jean
2006-02-12 01:11:58 UTC
Hind-sight is always 20/20.

Don't dwell on it or you could make it more of an issue than it should be.

As far as weakness have you tried vitamins and such to boost your energy? I know more pills right? It might be worth it. I would also look into high energy foods. That might just give you the boost you are after.

Don't let this stifle your creativity!
cowenamanda
2006-02-12 01:17:17 UTC
you have a lack in confidence

full of regrets

sound suicidal

humm

its always the little things that make a big difference!!!!

so,go for a walk to clear head then think of everything you would like to do.

then tell yourself you can do it.

try it now- i can do it.

the secret to sucess is determination and ambition

"if you think you can, or you think you can't youre probably right" this is a famous quote by henry ford(maker of ford cars)

and the reason it is famous is because the answer is always inside yourself and you just need to find a way to let it breathe sort of speak.

it also sounds like your problems are subcontious/all in your head.

you need to gain back all of your confidence, walk with your head held high and keep telling yourself you look good and feel great and youll seee that things for you start to turn around and youll be happy again.

if you need any more help please dont hjesitate to email me on cowenamanda@yahoo.com or cowenamanda@hotmail.co.uk.

good luck it sounds like you could do with it.
hIkArI_4ever
2006-02-12 01:11:35 UTC
The question is "What should I do?"...I think. Anyway, it's ok. I did a ton of things I regret. And as my friend says,"When in doubt, sue there *** off!" (Just be careful of not over dosing. It could cause higher risk for breast cancer.[my theory])
2006-02-12 01:20:33 UTC
Wow! you sure have been through alot. I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering you have had to go through. I would like to say this to you dear friend, Thankyou for being you. God bless and take care.
Howdy!
2006-02-13 17:02:05 UTC
Are you just a mope? Or is this a question?
Goalkeepr
2006-02-12 01:07:38 UTC
What is the question?