Question:
How can I beat the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
angelgurl2331
2005-12-29 21:04:25 UTC
How can I beat the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
Eleven answers:
memeluke
2005-12-29 21:08:58 UTC
Many different treatments are possible. You should talk to your doctor for the one best for you.

Some common treatments:

Lithium

Anticonvulsant Medications

Antipsychotic Medications

Calcium Channel Blockers

Benzodiazepenes

Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)

Antidepressants

SSRI Antidepressants

MAOI Antidepressants

'Atypical' Antidepressants

Tricyclic Antidepressants

Maintenance Treatment

Misc. Nondrug Treatments
vip2luvme
2005-12-29 21:11:07 UTC
I really don't think that it's a matter of beating it as much as it mangingg them. I have suffered with seasonal depression for years and it hasn't gone away and I haven't taken any meds. But, I did learn what the triggers were and how to manage the symptoms once the onset started. Good luck, I'll be praying for you. Oh yeah, prayer or meditation helps a lot!!!
jiblet
2005-12-30 20:43:46 UTC
I am diagnosed with Bipolar 1. Medication helped tremendously,..but during my manic attacks, I drank heavily to calm myself down, so my psychologist had a hell of a time stabilizing me. When I quit drinking was when he was able to help me by adjusting my meds accordingly. Pills don't SOLVE Bipolar, but is extremely effecient in maintaining a steady lifestyle. Counseling(talk therapy) is also important. I am 39 and was just diagnosed three years ago....probably had it all my life and never knew. Keep stress levels low and keep a rythm of sleep patterns steady.
johnny rotten
2005-12-29 21:19:10 UTC
My daughter is bipolar and pregnant. She and her 4 year old daughter live with my wife and me. Life gets pretty difficult for us all at times. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to trust your loved ones and friends when you are having trouble making good decisions. they will guide you through the tough times!
Ravens_wings
2005-12-29 21:11:02 UTC
Try talking to a therapist and medication and realize that its okay and that you are not alone :) Its not your fault you have3 it it is just something your your brain chemicals thatare slightly off that you cant help except by going to a doctor and medications and try to keep a journal when you are sad and even happy. it helps me a lot :)

Hope this helps!

God Bless!
failsafe
2005-12-29 21:05:35 UTC
Yahoo Health, Webmd, and your doctor can help
2005-12-29 21:09:02 UTC
I love your profile you look so pretty in it.

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU! YOU COME IN HERE ACTING ALL COOL ASKING THESE SILLY QUESTIONS!
2005-12-30 10:57:55 UTC
You will need to go see your doctor. My cousin has it and she had to stop taking her medicine while she was pregnant and she had it tough. crying one min. and laughing another. mad one min. and happy another. she had to get back on them after the baby.
psychotickillerchic
2005-12-29 22:27:35 UTC
medication is usually used, but therapy is highly recomended.
2005-12-29 21:13:30 UTC
go to this website: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/bipolar.cfm

all the best.
emily